2014-15 Fall ConcertMonday, December 1
Featured Soloist: Max Shmotolokha, Violin, Kabelevsky Violin Concerto in C Major.
Max started playing the violin at age six and is currently studying with Grant Donnellan. He has studied in the past with Larry Fischer and Yelena Nelson. Max started his musical journey with North Sound when he was nine. First with Morgan and now with Grant he has been looking forward to every season’s discoveries of orchestral music.
Max takes his inspiration from Whatcom Symphony Orchestra Concerts and from our talented community of local musicians. About the Kabelevsky Violin Concerto in C Major, Max says “it is in tune with energy and emotions of young people”.
Max is currently a junior and attends Whatcom Community College full time in the “Running Start” program.
- All North Sound Youth Symphony concerts are held at Western Washington University in the Performing Arts Center Concert Hall.
- Reserved (Free) parking is provided on concert days in lots 11G and 14G.
- Click here for information on evening parking at WWU
- Entrance to our concerts is free of charge, as a gift to the public and parents of our students, but your generous donations are accepted and appreciated, going to support NSYS and scholarship programs.
- DVD recordings of our concerts are available. Please contact us if you would like to order a DVD of any past concerts.
There is usually a rehearsal before the concert. Check the calendar for times.
All NSYS students are expected to follow the our dress code.
Concert volunteers are always welcome and needed to help set up and take down stage, rehearsal space, usher, and serve refreshments. Just come along when you drop off your offspring for rehearsal, waive at someone who seems to know what they are doing, and we’ll find you a job.