The NSYS maintains a dress code for concert performances because a simple, integrated visual appearance promotes the image of the orchestra as a team. When in doubt, “dress-up”.
- Long black skirt or black pants with black shoes, black hose.
- Philharmonia: White blouse with 3/4 or full length sleeves
- Symphony: Black blouse with 3/4 or full length sleeves
- Black slacks, black dress shoes, black socks, black tie or bow tie
- Philharmonia: White dress shirt – long sleeved
- Symphony: Black dress shirt or white dress shirt with black jacket.
- Please do not use perfumes or overly fragrant hygiene products.
- Hair should be clipped or tied back so we can see your face.
- Please make all jewelry selections unobtrusive.
- Inappropriate Attire: Tennis shoes, jeans, athletic pants, low-rise pants, tight pants/leggings, capri pants, flip-flops, platform shoes, white socks, sleeveless or low-cut blouses, short skirts (above knee when seated) or too much bling! Thanks!