Time and Location
- Rehearsals are on Mondays at the Performing Arts Center at Western Washington University (MAP).
- Symphony 6-8:15 pm
- Philharmonia 6-8 pm
- Come to Lower Level 2 to sign in each evening and check for the rehearsal location for your group.
- Please arrive before 6:00 so that you are seated, tuned and ready to play on time.
- Parents are encouraged to observe rehearsals, assist with room set-ups, serving snacks, organizing sheet music, or other finite volunteer jobs during rehearsal time. (See a board member for more information on volunteering at NSYS)
- We ask parents to please come in on the 1st rehearsal of each session to register your students and connect with other parents, board members, and conductors.
- Rehearsal dates are listed on our Calendar.
- In general it is expected that members attend all rehearsals. If sickness or emergency prevents you from attending, please contact NSYS or your conductor before the rehearsal to let them know you cannot attend.
- A member with several absences or obvious lack of practice may be asked not to play in the next concert.
- Members are asked to be seated, tuned and ready to play at 6pm so that rehearsals can get started on time! Plan to arrive at the PAC between 5:45-5:55 pm
Parking is available by the PAC in lots 14G and 11G. See the WWU Parking Map for the exact locations.
Make sure you purchase a permit: Permits may be purchased at the pay station in the parking lot. Parking is $1 per hour in these lots. If pay station is not working in 11G we suggest you park in 14G. Do not be tempted to risk not purchasing a permit. Call WWU Parking Service for assistance (the phone number is printed on the pay station) if the pay station is not working.
Parking Warning: Do not park in 25G or in reserved parking spaces at any time. Infractions tickets are now $25 (and more) and parking officers are always on the lookout for vehicles without permits. If you do receive a citation, NSYS is unable to appeal on your behalf.
- Auditions for placement into a new ensemble/level are usually from 5:00-6:00 p.m. prior to the first rehearsal for each quarter. Check our calendar for scheduled audition dates.
- New students are accepted for each quarter.
- There is no fee for auditioning with NSYS.
- Please contact NSYS for additional information prior to audition date.
- Come to the WWU Performing Arts Center, Lower Level 2.
- Find more details here.